Now Hiring – Equipment Operator
Equipment Operators safely run and handle aa fleet of modern, up-to-date, various-sized heavy equipment – like pavers, rollers, skid steers, and screeds.
We have an immediate need for safety-minded operators to perform general labor work which may include machine operation of asphalt paving and concrete equipment as well as transportation of materials to work sites and other duties as assigned.
Thomann Asphalt specializes in parking lot maintenance, including paving, patching, seal coating, crack sealing, drain work, and site work, which includes a full complement of grading, excavating, and utility installation services
The right person is self-motivated and safety-minded with an excellent driving record, and looking for physical, outdoor seasonal work with weekends off.
- Understand and execute paving and concrete procedures while following instructions to meet with specifications of the project.
- Safe equipment operation used to assist in preparing and finishing job sites
- Concrete finishing which includes setting forms, tearing out and grading
- Finish surfaces by smoothing and tamping asphalt material to the proper grad and thickness
- Job site preparation which includes general labor work, the understanding of grades, efficient time management, and the prevention of possible hazards
The work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions, which will periodically expose you to high asphalt levels of noise and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
There is consistent physical effort, including standing, that is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. You must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform essential functions. There is also heavy lifting involved, up to 50 lbs, with the ability to carry at least 30 lbs personally.
Salary & Benefits
Generous and competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, paid holidays, and annual bonuses – that’s what you can expect from a Thomann Asphalt career.
$22–36 per hour
- Generous and competitive pay
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Medical & Dental insurance:
- Offered the 1st of the month following the date of hire, partially sponsored
- Voluntary insurance coverage options:
- Short term & long term disability
- Critical Illness
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401k retirement plan with company match:
- Eligible for the 1st of the month following the date of hire
- Annual bonuses