Join The Team
Benefits of Working at Thomann
Prospective employees can expect to work in a high-paced and dynamic environment. We are a 4th generation, family owned business that continues to experience steady growth.
Our team is made up of diligent and hardworking individuals. If you’re a self-motivated person with an eye for detail and the vigor for demanding work, you’ve come to the right place.
Some of our benefits include:
- Generous and competitive pay
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Medical & Dental insurance:
- Offered the 1st of the month following the date of hire, partially sponsored
- Voluntary insurance coverage options:
- Short term & long term disability
- Critical Illness
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401k retirement plan with company match:
- Eligible for the 1st of the month following the date of hire
- Annual bonuses
Now Hiring – Asphalt Raker
We are currently searching for an Asphalt Raker
An Asphalt Raker is a skilled craft position that assists with applying asphalt to parking lots and driveways using handheld tools. Rakers must partner with other crew members to pave areas per plan specifications and if need be, perform tasks of other positions as instructed by crew foreman to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- Responsible for the finished product while enforcing proper safety and traffic precautions.
- Understand and execute paving procedures while following instructions to meet the specifications of the project.
- Smooths and adjusts surface irregularities, restores surface finish, spreads asphalt to proper grade and finishes before compaction
- Use shovels and lutes to distribute asphalt mixtures over lot surfaces.
- Match and finish freshly made asphalt paving joints evenly.
- Finish surfaces by smoothing and tamping asphalt material to the proper grade and thickness.
- Work as part of the paving crew primarily raking asphalt, shoveling excess asphalt and sweeping up debris.
This job operates primarily in an outdoor work environment in all weather conditions. The work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions, which will periodically expose you to high asphalt levels of noise and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
There is consistent physical effort, including standing, that is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. You must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform essential functions. There is also heavy lifting involved, up to 50 lbs, with the ability to carry at least 30 lbs personally.
$20 – $30 per hour